Gymnastics is an excellent activity for children with special needs. Instruction not only targets the child's physical development but also encourages growth in the areas of following directions, turn taking, social skills, and group cooperation. Parents are encouraged to contact Paragon to share a bit about their child's individual needs and determine which class would be appropriate. While some students do well in our mainstream classes, others require our more supportive classes that have a reduced student to instructor ratio. Currently there are two classes for those who require a higher level of support: one for children ages 7 and up which takes place in our recreational gym area and another for ages 4-6 that takes place in our preschool gym area where parents are asked to shadow their child until they are able to participate alone with the instructor. All classes rotate through events (vault, bars, beam, floor, trampoline or tumble track, and conditioning) and begin each class with group stretch. Children are expected to participate in all parts of class. While it is understood that children with special needs may experience challenging behaviors, those that interfere with the safety of themselves or others or those that negatively impact the learning and participation of others would result in possible removal from class until appropriate learning behavior could be attained. In order for instructors to meet the unique needs of students with special needs, parents are encouraged to share their strengths and weaknesses with their instructor prior to their first class.
Special Needs price $71.75 for 45 minutes
- Important COVID-19 policies updated as of 12/15/2020.
- Paragon closed for holidays on 12/24/20-12/25/20 and 12/31/20-1/1/21
- We are NOW LIVE STREAMING with SpotTV.pro!
- Preschool Open Gym is back and includes Saturday!
- Open Gym is in business on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays!
- What we are doing to keep you safe
- We are now located at 4175 Plank Road, Fredericksburg VA 22407
- Registration is currently ongoing for this year, don’t delay
- Please be considerate of those children with food allergies