Distance Learning Assistance Program Registration opens on Monday, 8/3/20.Posted: July 31, 2020
Distance Learning Assistance Program (DLAP) BEGINS MONDAY AUGUST 17, 2020
We are committed to serving our community. Our distance learning assistance program was created to assist parents with their child’s online learning. This program will help working parents and essential workers by providing their children a safe, fun, and stimulating environment to learn and have distanced social interactions. We are extremely experienced in working with young children and capable of assisting with your child's online learning through their individual school's curriculum and instruction.
• To provide a safe place for your children to distance learn.
• Run a schedule that not only allows children to attend class and work on their assignments, but to also be a kid and have fun!
• To support your children while acclimating to and navigating distance learning.
• Provide guidance when your child has questions about a subject.
• To help your child focus on the class material.
• Provide a reliable internet source for your child to complete online assignments.
• Allow time for arts and crafts, games, and activity breaks in the gym.
Pricing, Times, & Info
Boys and girls ages 5-12 years old
Times: Monday-Friday 7:00 AM-5:00 PM
Pricing: (pre-registration and pre-payment is required)
- ALL Day (8:00 AM-5:00PM) $70/day or $300/week
- Half day options may be available after we determine the need for students that need full day assistance.
- Early Care 7:00 AM-8:00 AM $10.00/a day
To register please log into Parent Portal and click on "Find a Class" payment is due BEFORE the first day.
• Children will be grouped with other students in the same grade.
• Children will be spaced 6 feet apart and assigned their own workspace to complete their daily schoolwork.
• DLAP staff will support remote learning and assist with online technology. (Students bring their own computers or tablets)
• Students will attend their virtual classes and will be given an individualized schedule to follow.
• Lunches, snacks, and water must be pre-packed and brought each day. Food may not be shared or distributed. Lunch bags will be kept on each child's assigned workstation, and snack and lunch breaks will happen at their stations. DLAP staff will put a new pair of safety gloves on if a child needs assistance, but please try to pack lunch in a way that your child can open everything themselves. Please label the water bottles.
• Students should bring a laptop or chrome book, headphones, charging cable, pad of paper, pencils, and any other school supplies they will need for their assignments and online education through their school. Please have all supplies in a backpack with your child’s name on it.
• Child must be able to use the bathroom independently. (A change of clothes is suggested)
How we are keeping your child safe:
• All staff and children 10 and over will be required to wear a mask, children under 10 will not unless requested by a parent
• All common areas (bathrooms, gym equipment etc.) will be cleaned and sanitized after every use.
• All children will be social distanced from each other.
• Health screenings everyday
• Temperature checks upon arrival
• Frequent hand washing/sanitizing
• Limited enrollment
• Students work 6 feet apart at stations
• No shared items or food
ABSENCES & ILLNESS
If a child or household family member becomes ill with COVID-19, they will need to provide a negative COVID-19 test upon returning to DLAP. A credit will be applied to the next billing cycle for any days missed due to illness.
If your child can answer YES to ANY of these then they will not be able to attend. We will be checking temperatures at the door and confirm that they are still symptom free.
-FEVER over 100.0°F in the last 48 hours.
-NAUSEA, VOMITING, or DIARRHEA in the last 24 hours
-CONTACT with a confirmed case of COVID-19
-HOSPITAL STAY and/or ER VISIT
-SHORTNESS OF BREATH
-COUGH, SORE THROAT, or LOSS OF TASTE/SMELL
Sample Schedule (to be determined by each school district and individualized by child)
7:00-8:00 Early Care
8:00-10:00 Learning time
10:45-10:50 Clean up
10:50-11:50 Gym time
11:50-12:00 Clean area/Wash hands for lunch
1:00-2:30 Learning time
2:45-2:50 Clean up
2:50-4:00 Gym Time
4:00-5:00 After Care/Extra time to complete assignments